Wednesday, September 3, 2008

8 Months Old

Natalie and Amanda are 8 months old today. It's hard to believe! As I was explaining to my parents last weekend, they really have turned into "little people" within a short 8-month time span. They are definitely both opinionated now. Amanda will whine if she does not get what she wants or if you take away a toy she was playing with and Natalie expresses her opinions by crying when she's not happy. (I have not decided which is worse....for me, it depends on the day, I think.) Amanda is crawling backwards now but has not yet mastered going forwards. Natalie is thinking about it but hasn't yet taken the plunge. They both enjoy meeting new people. Of the two, Natalie is more circumspect when she meets someone new and so it takes her a little while to warm up to a person. Amanda, on the other hand, is Miss Smiley. And speaking of that, Amanda has figured out the whole picture taking thing. About eight times out of ten now when I get the camera out Amanda will smile for the picture....how on earth does an 8-month old know that I want her to smile when I'm taking a picture?!! Here's one where she's not smiling, but, of course, they're both in this picture, which means that this is about the 25th attempt at capturing the two of them together. It's never a small feat! Happy 8-month old birthday little darlings! :)


1 comment:

Pam said...

I can't believe how time flies! Matt will be joining them soon in the 8 month mark! He's sitting, and rolling, but not crawling, and doesn't seem in any hurry to do that! So funny how different kids are. Your girls are just adorable :-)