Saturday, April 27, 2013

Spring Day at the Park

Spring is in full bloom and so were the colorful swim suites being modeled by Will, Amanda and Natalie this morning at swim lessons.     Even though it was early morning with the sun still low, Will always has to wear his hat.  (Reminds us all of Grandpa Clarence.)



Right after swim lessons, the kids pose for some portraits with some wonderful greenery and flowers in the background.



Here is a great photo of Amanda!  Wow, how they quickly grow up! 


Natalie captures a great photo as well!  As she said this morning, I'm getting older, I now weight 3 7 7.  (Translation:  37.7 pounds)



Right after swimming, we stopped by the local park to play, burn some energy and have a picnic lunch.  We also had ideas of chasing some squirrels and chipmunks through the woods.

But first, the monkeys need to be monkeys!  Natalie demonstrates her fixed bar swinging skills!


Natalie - "Check my shoe size!"


Natalie - "I can hang here all day long!"



Amanda - "I like having my picture to be taken..."



Natalie demonstrates how to do the trapeze rings.

 
 


Amanda cannot be out done!



Will's turn - "Daddy, look at me, look how tall I am!"



Amanda - "That slide was very fast!"



Natalie - "Dad, I can really play well with my brother...when I want to."



Natalie - "Is this the crazy hair park?"




Amanda climbs the cork screw.



Natalie poses for a quick photo at the top of the curly cue slide.


Will shows off his hanging skills...what a face!



Natalie tries to see how long her hair will reach toward the ground.

 
Next up, the balance beam...where the girls show tremendous concentration.



Finally, we were off to chase some varmints!  The little creatures are sneaky...they can run fast and hide in some strange and cool places?


Will - "Hey Natalie and Amanda, I saw some over this way!  Come On!"



Amanda got distracted by some wild flowers about ready to bloom.


Natalie - "Hey Guys, I saw him go down this little hole!"



Will - "I think several went into one of these holes by the tree."



Finally, Natalie cornered a squirrel up in a tree.  If you look closely, you can see the little guy (Top of the photo) staring back at Natalie, shaking his tail and talking away.



Natalie - :Maybe I can catch him if I reach up...and..."



...start to jump!"

 

We had a wonderful time at the park today.  Beautiful weather and wonderful kids!  We are all so blessed.

Natalie - "I touched him!"

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: