Sunday, July 27, 2008

What It Takes To Get A Photo

Capturing a great photo of BOTH girls at the same time is an incredibly difficult task! For every great picture there are about another 10-20 that I discard. I have NO IDEA how people survived before digital cameras!! Today's "photo shoot" really made me chuckle so I thought I would save the attempts and post just a few (trust me, there were MANY more photos that I'm not sharing with you).

The purpose of the photo shoot was to show the girls in their cute romper outfits that are embroidered with their names on them....a really wonderful gift from the Murphy family!!

Here was the first attempt. I ran to get the camera after I already put the girls on the couch. So by the time I got back to the couch, the girls had already tipped over. They looked so cute toppled on one another that I thought I would take a shot. But, as you can see from Take 1 below, our newest challenge in photo taking is that Amanda now recognizes the red eye light that precedes the flash on the camera so by the time the photo actually takes she is blinking or squinting. Fun, fun!






Here is my 2nd attempt.....now BOTH girls have their eyes closed!





And my 3rd attempt. Lovely photo of Amanda but Natalie looks not-s0-great as she is captured mid-blink.




Take 4 -- great photo of Natalie but Amanda is looking down.


Take 5....another Amanda blink. (There were about 20 of those shots.)



Finally, I just settle for this one. Not great of either of them but good enough! :)



No comments: